MUSIC MANTRA's Bollywood gossip forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Teacher Movie Review

+3
MoviezAdda
emilybrowning
jayc11
7 posters

Go down

Bad Teacher Movie Review Empty Bad Teacher Movie Review

Post  jayc11 Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:31 am

In BAD TEACHER, she plays Elizabeth Halsey, a full time teacher that spends all of her time trying to find a new sugar daddy after her old one dumps her for being a soulless, money hungry gold-digger .That’s important to remember as Elizabeth doesn’t abandon those traits until the last five minutes or so. And a good argument can be made that she never really sheds those traits, but the writers felt like they had to end it somehow. We follow Elizabeth as she goes about trying to seduce the new substitute teacher, Scott Delacorte, played with moderate laughs by Justin Timberlake. But she’s constantly derailed in her efforts by the goody-goody Amy Squirrel. Lucy Punch plays Ms. Squirrel to such an annoying level that it was tough to get through any scene with her in it. All the while, the guy that’s perfect for Elizabeth is Russell (Jason Segel), the school’s gym teacher who gets ignored by her because he doesn’t have enough money.

As alluded to earlier, the film relies heavily on crass, foul language in hopes it will shock the audience enough and trick them into thinking they just heard something funny. Crass language and profanity can be hilarious when used appropriately, but saying it for shock value doesn’t generate laughs. In the case of BAD TEACHER, it just made for uncomfortable moments and not in that “I can’t believe they said that” kind of way, but in that “I feel bad these actors are doing/saying this” kind of way. The few funny moments there were didn’t involve profanity or inappropriate actions at all, which led me to believe that writers Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg were as uncomfortable writing the vulgarities as the actors were saying them.

The plot offers nothing new, other than possibly breaking the record for most opportunities lost. Even with Ms. Squirrel, the characters alluded to something that happened in 2008 that sounded really funny, but we never learned what it was. I kept hoping we’d get an outrageous flashback, but no, nothing. There were some funny moments between Elizabeth and her students, but nothing ever got developed enough to give us a belly laugh. It’s hard to narrow it down, but maybe the most frustrating aspect of the film was the ending where they tried to wrap everything up and have Elizabeth live happily ever after. I’m okay with Hollywood endings, but you can’t spend 80 minutes developing a character as a heartless gold-digger and then have her change instantly. It’s called “character arc” because the characters are supposed to grow and develop over the course of the movie, not in the last few minutes.

jayc11

http://www.moviesbunch.com

Back to top Go down

Bad Teacher Movie Review Empty Re: Bad Teacher Movie Review

Post  emilybrowning Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:14 pm

This will be very nice movie... i am eagerly waiting to watch this movie...

emilybrowning

http://www.moviesbunch.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviezAdda Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:26 am

While no classic, Bad Teacher has helped restore my faith in Hollywood comedy a little following the battering The Hangover Part 2 gave it. A lack of stand-out moments and instantly quotable lines make it merely good rather than excellent, but due to the cast and performances I can forgive it that.
Unfortunately, though, in a summer where Bridesmaids and Horrible Bosses are set to compete for the comedy crown, I can't see Bad Teacher making the grade.
Its not a good movie..its just nice to watch it once's...

MoviezAdda

Back to top Go down

Post  bensmith0540 Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:43 am

I have watched this movie. This is so funny movie.

Stock Market Tips

Share Market

bensmith0540

Back to top Go down

Post  johnsmith0540 Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:22 pm

This is very funny movie. I love this movie....

johnsmith0540

Back to top Go down

Bad Teacher Movie Review Empty Re-Bad Teacher Movie Review

Post  Arya777 Fri May 25, 2012 7:46 am

Really an excellent movie!Nice to watch and so funny!!

Arya777

Back to top Go down

Post  Simran Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:43 pm

he has found her down-and-dirty element in the kind of broad comedy that threatens to get ugly and more or less succeeds on that threat.

Simran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down