MUSIC MANTRA's Bollywood gossip forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aamir Khan Comes out in Support of Anna Hazare

Go down

Aamir Khan Comes out in Support of Anna Hazare Empty Aamir Khan Comes out in Support of Anna Hazare

Post  harrysmith Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:39 am

Aamir Khan Comes out in Support of Anna Hazare Show_image
Actor Aamir Khan is among the Bollywood celebrities to have rallied around the veteran social activist Anna Hazare, who is on a fast unto death, demanding a comprehensive anti-corruption Lokpal Bill.

Aamir has reportedly written to the 72-year-old Anna Hazare, who is on his third day of indefinite hunger strike, telling him that his cause is “infinitely important”. The actor has also written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, requesting him to pay heed to Mr. Hazare’s demands.

“I am one of over a billion citizens of this country who is affected by, and most concerned about, corruption in our country. The last few months have witnessed some shocking exposés. In fact our society has been plagued by this sickness over the last few decades. I am one of the many who feel that strong steps need to be taken as corrective measures,” the Aamir has reportedly written in the letter to the Prime Minister.

Meanwhile, more and more Bollywood celebs are coming out in support of Anna Hazare.

Actor Rahul Bose wrote on his Twitter page: “That it takes an Anna Hazare fasting unto death to effect systemic change is comment enough. corruption part of our DNA.”

Filmmaker Shekhar Kapur wrote: “I support Anna Hazare's fast for national debate on Lokpal Bill. At least need Parliament to come out and respond to issue. People like Anna Hazare will force a people's movement against the system. Like Gandhi did against the British.”

Anupam Kher voiced his support for Hazare: “When somebody is fighting corruption, I don't judge his ways. I applaud his intentions and actions. I am with ANNA HAZARE. Are you?”

Dia Mirza said: “Finally, people are voicing strong support for a man that has, should and will be a great example to our generation. I support Anna Hazare.”
Bollywood Gossip Latest

harrysmith

Back to top Go down